I am a devoted student of body, breath and voice. My counseling style is based on a lifetime of deepening self inquiry. I have been lost, swollen, confused, shaken and worn out. I share with you the same tools that I have use for my own healing and growth. I will be your partner in discovering what empowers, protects and guides you.
My work as a psychotherapist, vocalist, facilitator, mentor and mother are informed by my studies and experiences in the field. I hold a Master's degree in Somatic (body-oriented) Psychotherapy from the California Institute of Integral Studies. I have professional experience in music, movement and expressive arts therapy, massage, yoga (RYT-500), mindfulness meditation and wilderness rites of passage. My specialized trainings range from postpartum and maternal mental health to recovery from eating disorders, substance abuse, depression, anxiety to trauma.
I am a dancer, singer, songwriter and guitarist and believe that the body and voice are the central element to both my healing and creative processes.
My original musical role models were rooted in blues, jazz and American folk. I am also deeply influenced by Jewish prayer and Gospel music. In my undergraduate years I studied music performance, songwriting and has also studied the art of Indian Classical vocal music.
Listening to my own sensations and the movements that unfurl from my body in silence helps guide my work with you. I will invite you into a fullness and aliveness that may be hiding just under the surface. I am committed to bringing heartfelt empathy and a passionate, candid voice to nurture your honest self-exploration. Whether counseling, teaching or performing, I believe that the body and breath are our most powerful ally to find grounding, presence, expression and wholeness in our lives.
Professional Background and Training:
- Brainspotting Practitioner
- Integrative Medicine for Mental Health Provider Training
- Trauma Informed Care Training - Hanna Center for Boys
- Domestic Violence Advocate 40-hr training
- Postpartum Support International 3-day training
- Rites of Passage Wilderness Guide Training (Medicine Wheel and Mirroring)
- Authentic Movement: participant in long term group and Teaching Assistant for Graduate Level Class at CIIS
- Yoga RYT-500 including Vinyasa, Hatha, Yin, ParaYoga
- Meditation in the Vipassana Tradition annual retreat for 10 years
- Hakomi Method 200 hour training with Rob Fischer
- Expressive Arts Therapist at Full Heart Treatment Center for Eating Disorders in Santa Rosa, CA
- School Based Mental Health Clinician K-12 for 3 years
- Lomi Psychotherapy Clinic Internship - Somatic Approaches to working with individual outpatient long term, severe mental illness
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) 40-hr training and 6 week group facilitation
- Expressive Arts group facilitation and12-Step recovery model training program at the Center For Creative Growth, Berkeley, CA
- Case manager and movement and expressive arts group facilitator at residential drug and alcohol treatment facility in San Francisco
- Master's Degree in Somatic Psychotherapy from California Institute of Integral Studies
- 5 years of study Indian Classical Music with renowned Indian vocalists in India and the US
- Bachelor's Degree with a focus on Somatics at Reidman School in Tel Aviv Israel and Music performance at Rimon School of Music